Quaker Earthcare Witness is not a distant, elite "committee" of people doing work on behalf of others. QEW is about helping you and your faith community in your work to restore the earth.
As a QEW member/supporter, you can
- Support Quaker Earthcare Witness educational efforts (publications, visitations, workshops, etc.) that seek to awaken the Religious Society of Friends to the global ecological crisis as a spiritual issue.
- Help Friends to explore and articulate the ways the Quaker faith can speak to the global ecological crisis.
- Contribute to Quaker Earthcare Witness special programs (Quaker Eco-Witness for National Legislation and the Ann Kriebel/San Luis project in Costa Rica) that seek to demonstrate how spiritual ecology can work in the world.
- Serve on Quaker Earthcare Witness committees.
- Work in your own Meeting through First Day School, adult education programs, and unity with nature committees to raise awareness and involve other Friends in local ecological issues from a faith perspective.
- Participate in your own Quarterly and Yearly Meeting programs and committees to witness corporately for an Earth restored.
- Offer spiritual grounding and process to other community environmental action programs.
- Share news of what you and your Meeting have been doing through reports and articles in BeFriending Creation.